Saturday 2 March 2019

Spice up ya life!

You don’t need to be rocking a Union Jack dress or ginger locks to spice up ya life with the recipe. This recipe is inspired by a recipe that I found on one of my fave blogs; Kitchen Sanctuary. As their recipe is for 8 people... don’t know about you but I’ve never cooked for 8 people in my life, so I had to make some adjustments for just two of us.

It’s so easy to get into a habit of cooking the same food on repeat but this grub is dead tasty and sure to spice up a miserable British eve.

White chili is something I have wanted to try for soo long and I’m glad I finally did because it was delish.

You will need:

2 minced garlic cloves
2 diced onions 
1/2 a lemon
2 diced chicken breasts 
1 diced yellow pepper
1 & 1/2 tbsp of cumin 
1/2 a handful of coriander 
Salt & pepper 
500ml chicken stock
75ml milk 
600g of white beans (I used cannellini beans)
3 jalapeños 
Rice and sour cream to serve 


1. Fry off the onions until soft and golden before adding the yellow pepper, garlic, cumin and coriander. Fry all together until soft and fragrant.

2. Chuck in your diced chicken and fry until the meat is cooked the whole way through.

3. Dice up two of the jalapeños and add to the pan for 3 minutes before adding the chicken stock and milk.

4. Bring to the boil and add the cannellini beans and squeeze in the lemon. Cook for about 10 minutes until the mixture has thickened.

5. Serve with rice, sour cream and the remaining jalapeño!

6. Get your baby spice on and spice up ya life!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig