Wednesday 13 March 2019

Warm me up Buttercup!

I made it so far through the winter but my immune system has been defeated by the common cold. Ergh, don't you just hate it? Nose like a tap, puffy face and sinuses on fire. I want romantic comedies and lots of chocolate, all tucked up in bed. But, sadly I'm up waiting for the gas man so I might as well do my self a favour and prep for the day.

As I write this I am sat in a hoodie, fighting back the sniffles sipping on my miso veggie soup. Miso poorly, miso cold, miso hungry...




This soup is 100% full of goodness to help repair my my bod and is 100% vegan so that everyone can enjoy!

Ingredients:
(serves 1)
400ml vegetable broth
2 x tsp miso paste
2 x tsp soy sauce
2 x spring onions
2 x pinches of lazy ginger
1 x tsp sweet chilli sauce
1 x giant cous cous & quinoa salad bag (ASDA)
1 x carrots and peas veg bag (ASDA)
Sesame seeds and chilli powder to serve


1. Pour 400ml of veggie broth into a saucepan and bring to the boil.

2.  Add the miso paste, soy sauce, sweet chilli and ginger. 

3. Meanwhile, chuck the cous cous & quinoa steam bag into the microwave and cook for 2 mins.

4. Add the cous cous bag into the soup and chuck the veggie bag into the microwave for 2 mins.

5. Meanwhile, chop up the spring onions and put half of them in the sauce pan and save the other half for garnish.

6. Add the contents of veggie bag to the saucepan and cook until all the ingredients are soft.

7. Pour into the bowl and dress with the remaining spring onions, chilli powder & sesame seeds.

8. Enjoy whilst watching Bridget Jone's Diaries and fighting that cold like a boss.

Keeping you hungry,

Hannah x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig