Wednesday 20 February 2019

Welcome Foodies

There wasn't a better year for me to start a food blog than 2019. It is the Chinese year of the pig; as was the year I was born. Piggy's love food and so do I. Coincidence? I don't think so!

I fell into cooking totally by default. I'd love to tell you that I gained my passion for cooking as a little girl but that just really isn't the case. Actually, as a teenager, I wasn't allowed to cook if no one else was home because I was that much of a liability - when I lived in Spain I fell asleep with the oven on and woke up to an apartment full of smoke and all the fuses blown... so as you can tell, cooking skills wasn't something that I just naturally fell into. But, I'm living proof that a little persistence can go a long way.

A couple of years ago I moved out of my parents house and moved in with my two lovely man children. I made a deal with the devil to do all the cooking and in return they would do the cleaning between them. The boys had to be very patient with my learning and luckily for me they enjoy the more basic of foods - a good lasagne gets an applause out of these two. But I don't want anyone to think for a second that I haven't failed in the kitchen. I once spent a couple of hours creating meatballs stuffed with mozzarella but totally forgot to season them; you can imagine the false smiles of chewing bland meat. My point is, you don't need to be a culinary master mind to create a good crowd pleasing meal.

My real passion for cooking actually boils down to how aesthetically pleasing the food looks. I just love creating food that is worthy of an Instagram award- hence the name of my blog; Insta Perfect Plates. All jokes aside, taking pictures of my food really inspired me to challenge myself with new recipes and help me maintain a balanced diet. I'm really into healthy eating but we definitely like to treat ourselves with a dirty meal especially at the request of my other half.

Due to the overwhelming support on social media. I decided to start a written food blog where I will list and detail all the recipes I have created and other recipes that I have tried and tested.

I hope I keep you all hungry,

Hannah x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig