Sunday 24 February 2019

Asian Persuasion

Asian persuasion... no, it's not your boyfriends internet history. We're talking asian food. I know what you're all thinking; where's my roast? It's a Sunday?! But I get a real kick out of cooking asian food. I don't know what it is but always tastes and looks incred! One dish I'm super obsessed with at the moment is noodle soups. I made a super delish miso soup recently and today I'm going to cook a Japanese style ramen soup.

Ingredients: (Serves 4)

Pinch of ginger - I use "Very Lazy" chopped ginger
4 x eggs
1 x tin of sweetcorn
4 x chicken breasts
2 x chillies
4 x cloves of garlic (minced or diced finely)
900g of ramen noodles
700g chicken stock
100g mushrooms
Spring onions
Chinese 5 spice
Chilli powder
Worcester sauce
Sesame seeds
A handful of spinach
Breadcrumbs


Ok, ok, so I know that it sounds like a lot of ingredients but a lot of the veggies are optional! This is what I have decided to put into my ramen soup but if you want to switch up some of them than that is totally do-able.

1.  Season the chicken - pour the breadcrumbs, 1 x tbs of Chinese 5 spice, 1 tsp chilli powder and some salt & pepper onto a plate and and roll around each chicken breast in the seasoning and onto a foil lined baking tray. Once all the the chicken breasts are seasoned, cover with more foil and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 25 minutes.




2. Mix the chicken stock (I used 2 stock cubes for taste) the garlic, the chillies, 1 heaped tsp of Chinese 5 spice, a pinch of chilli powder, 1 tsp Worcester sauce and 4 x tbs of soy sauce into a saucepan and boil for 10 mins.

3. Meanwhile, fry off the mushrooms, 3 spring onions and spinach then chuck in the broth.

4. Soft boil the eggs and set aside and start cooking the ramen noodles.

6. Serve up the noodles, cover with the broth, peel the eggs & halve and slice up the chicken.

7. Serve with shredded nori, the soft-boiled eggs, sliced chicken and sesame seeds.


Keeping you hungry,

Hannah x










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig