Thursday 21 February 2019

YAAAS Brunch Queen

YAAAS. I wish I could have brunch every day. Brunch is like the Joanna Lumley of foods; classy and absolutely fabulous.

Sunday is brunch day in my house. We’re always up late so it gives us the perfect excuse to skip the cereal and posh up the toast! Nine times out of ten my brunch includes some kind of left over cheese we’ve had that week and is always 100% worthy of the gram.

I think my top tip before you can class yourself lord or lady of brunch would be to master that perfect poach! I’ll let you into a little secret... I cannot poach an egg the traditional way at all - plus who wants there eggs tasting like vinegar and looking like they’ve been cooked in a washing machine anyway?

Now, the perfect poach technique may require a little more patience but I can promise that your eggs will be perfect every time.

1. Oil up a foot long segment of cling film
2. Place that segment on top of a mug
3. Crack an egg into the cling film ensuring it nests at the top of the mug
4. Tie the top of the clingfilm so that the egg is hanging in a little bubble
5. Place the little egg bubbles into a pan of boiling water
6. Cook for exactly 3 minutes before removing




No that you have eggs rounder than Kim K's bootay, it is time to make your brunch!



This brunch was actually pretty simple - the eggs are the most complicated part. Stick two pieces of bread in the toaster. Smash up an avocado with some baby toms and spread onto the toast. Add the poached eggs and sprinkle with chives and blue cheese. Voila - absolutely fabulous.

Keeping you hungry,

Hannah x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig