Monday 25 February 2019

Waste Not, Want Not

I want to tell you all that I made this soup to be super healthy but the fact is that I end up wasting so many veggies at the end of the week that I decided this week I was going to use everything that I usually would chuck out.

For some reason last week I bought a pack of celery, which to this day I still cannot remember why I bought it or what it was for so it's been sat in my fridge all week, so celery is going to be the star of the show! This soup is hella healthy and apart from a little bit of veggie stock and a dash of cream is pure goodness.




Ingredients:
All of the above
500 ml veggie stock
Dash of cream or almond milk
Salt & pepper
Dried basil

1. In a large sauce pan start by cooking the the spinach in about a third of the veggie stock until it's completely wilted.

2. Peel the potato, dice into small chunks and add to the saucepan.

3. Slice the celery, dice the onion and mince the garlic (3 cloves) and add to the sauce pan with the sweetcorn and avocado.

4. Cover the veggies with the rest of the veggie stock and boil on high for 7 mins. Reduce the heat to medium for a further 4 or 5 mins until all the veggies are soft.

5. Blitz everything in the blender and move back to the saucepan.

6. Add a little cream (or almond milk for a vegan alternative) dried basil and salt & pepper to season.

7. Feel healthier than Gillian McKeith...



Keeping you hungry,

Hannah x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig