Wednesday 6 March 2019

Smoked Salmon Rolls

I love it when someone sends me a picture they want me to re-create. My sister text me with a picture she had found on Pinterest of a smoked salmon, sushi style role. It's no secret that I love making sushi, so jumped at the chance when she told me she was thinking about making it for her work lunches and wanted me to test it first - I mean I certainly can't afford smoked salmon on the daily but clearly I'm in the wrong job...

These were super fun to make but quite pricey in terms of how much you get in return. 

For one roll you will need:

1. 120g smoked salmon
2. Handful of cucumber and red onion diced realllly small
3. Soy sauce
4. Mayonnaise 
4. Rice Vinegar
5. Soft cheese
6. Cling film

1. Lay out cling film on a flat hard surface start layering the smoked salmon so it looks like one sheet with no gaps. 

2. Add a thick horizontal line of cream cheese at the bottom of your smoked salmon sheet leaving about a half inch at the the bottom. 

3. Mix mayo, soy and rice vinegar in a bowl to create Japanese style mayo and set aside.

4. Add the diced cucumber and onion on top of the cream cheese, followed by the mayo.

5. Use the cling film to help roll the salmon and filling into a sushi roll.

6. Twist the ends to secure and refrigerate for at least half an hour to set.

7. Use a really sharp knife to slice and hey hey sushi away...



Keeping you hungry,

Hannah x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig